Why join CU Russian Society?
CU Russian Society offers you a unique opportunity to enjoy and promote the great Russian culture, language and traditions in Cambridge and beyond, and to delve deeper into the fascinating mystery of Russian soul ;-). We organise a variety of events throughout the year including ConversationalEvenings, FilmNights , concerts, talks, lectures and discussions, and, of course, parties and friendly get-togethers (please see the events for more information).
- Up to 100% price discount for entry to our events and to some events co-organised with other CU societies.
- Priority booking for certain events with a limited number of places (e.g. Formal Halls, punting).
- Free entrance to CURS FilmNights.
- Special benefits on joining the Committee (please see below).
Joining the Society
Membership is open to all University of Cambridge members. Non-university members are admitted at the discretion of the Committee. Membership costs £10 for one year (valid from the date you join) and £15 for life (non-expiring). We also offer discounted membership fees at some of our events.
If you would like to join the Society you can pay:
- in cash at our events, or
- by sending a cheque for appropriate amount payable to CU Russian Society either via the free CUSU Mail Service (if you are a student), or via the University Messenger Service (if you are a faculty member), or via normal post to:
Cambridge University Russian Society c/o Cambridge University Students' Union, Old Examination Hall, Free School Lane, Cambridge, CB2 3RF
Please write your name, address (college, department or other) and e-mail on a piece of paper or on the back of the cheque. We will confirm the receipt shortly and issue you with a membership card.
Joining the Committee
In order to recognise the efforts Committee members contribute to the Society, they receive additional benefits:
- Free entry to most our events.
- Promotion from one year to life membership,
- and a free Formal Hall at the successful end of the service.
Interested in joining the Executive Committee? Subscribe to our mailing list for the dates of the next elections.
- No events